9/27/11

We Are the Champions

Hi everyone,


thanks for making the Friday night meeting a place where I can grow.  You are my champions, fighting for your lives, learning to have a happy childhood.  We all deserve one and it isn't too late.


Champion J spoke last week, encouraging us to banish self-doubt and self-hatred.  Champion special K timed us  and gave us one minute warnings with her sweet, bright orange sign.  This week should be even more fun and growth-producing since so many of you attended the Recovery Expo last Saturday.


I saw you...your little faces bright like flowers in a lawn of people I didn't know.   I didn't stay very long.   I was over-stimulated and a bit perplexed by the lack of resources for non-addicts, (those of us suffering from co-dependency, depression, etc...we need help and celebrity role models too!)  But I see a bright future...we, the champions, providing safe places for everyone-addict or not- to fall apart and put themselves back together.   


Look forward to seeing everyone Friday Night. 



warmly, your tea-drinkin' blog monkey, CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment